What is Cavapoo? What is it exactly? What does it love? Briefly, Cavapoo is a dog breed that is known for its cuteness. This is the result of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeding with Poodle.
As you are here you must be a Cavapoo lover or have a little, cute Cavapoo baby and you want to keep your four-legged baby healthy! For this, today we are here with the article on what is the best food for Cavapoos?
Ways to Find the Best Foods
Cavapoo is one of the most cheerful breeds of dogs that get along very well with children and new owners. The best foods give energy, make your Cavapoo healthier. Now the question comes that how to choose them? As it is very important to make the right choices about food. We have come up with research-driven facts, many study results to help you with the choice.
Types of food Cavapoos Supposed to Have
There is a very basic and common question! – That is, what are Cavapoos naturally supposed to eat? Dogs are carnivores in nature and so the Cavapoos are! So, they are supposed to eat meat. Though there is a significant amount of debate as to whether dogs are carnivores or omnivores! – As they can survive without having meat.
According to the latest researches, it has become clearer that dogs were originally carnivores. Dogs can survive on other foods, such as grains or vegetables, but that is not what we are talking about! We are here to keep our Cavapoos healthy not just to make them survive.
Do you want your Cavapoo to become healthier? – The answer should be positive. So, then it needs meat, like any other carnivore. The more meat in your Cavapoo’s diet, the healthier it will be!
What is The Best Food for Cavapoos ? (Choosing Criteria)
What is good for your Cavapoo? What is bad about it? Are you well informed about it? If the answer is negative then, how do you make those choices to select food? There are so much advertising and marketing outside. These are pushing many kinds of food like dry or wet kibble, organic food, and natural food.
Anyone will easily get confused. Companies out there are very well aware that you care a lot about your dog. For this, they are always ready to convince you. But how will you? Then there we are helping with some criteria that you can consider to select food.
Type: Firstly, you need to select the type of food. There are many varieties like dry kibble, wet kibble, canned food, homemade food, etc.
Your Cavapoo needs approximately 70% of meat on every meal! How will you ensure that? You need to read the labels printed on the packaging. What features do you need to give importance to? You need to check on the writing carefully. There are differences in writings! Such as –
- If the label says “beef”, or ‘turkey”, or “bison” then you are lucky to get 70% meat in the kibble.
- If the label says “Bison dinner”, “beef platter” or anything like that – this means that the kibbles have only 10% of the meat.
- If the label says “with bison”, that means there is less than 3% of bison meat in the kibbles. The rest will be filler! And that is nowhere near enough meat for the needs of your Cavapoo needs!
Many owners avoid commercial dog food. They cook for their dog by themselves. They do it to avoid chemicals and preservatives that are used in commercial foods. This is great. But, if you are going to cook food for your Cavapoo what you need to remember?
You need to remember that the main ingredient has to be meat because your Cavapoo doesn’t need any other ingredients. Often people think they can feed their dogs vegetables and any other things than meat! But, they forgot that these can be just fillers and won’t help it to be healthier.
Not feeding raw meat
Some people give their dog’s raw meat which is not right! Why shouldn’t you give raw meat to your Cavapoo? Cause, feeding raw meat can cause health risks of your beloved Cavapoo though it is kinda healthy. You can buy raw meat from the store or butcher.
While this is very healthy for the dog, But be careful at handling and storing raw meat, as there is a big chance of bacterial infection for both you and the Cavapoo! But raw meat is not perfect for your Cavapoo. If you can afford then all cooked meat diet is perfect and the healthiest for your Cavapoo.
Last Minutes Suggestion
We know you love you Cavapoo and want to ensure its well-being. We briefly wrote about the best foods and ways to choose the best food for your little four-legged baby! Who does not want some short suggestions? And also what are the brands that are best for your Cavapoo? We are presenting all the short and best suggestions and ways to feed your Cavapoo the best!
- Choosing the type of food that you want to feed your Cavapoo
- Reading the labels printed on the packaging.
- Ensuring that this food consists of at least 70% beef, bison, or any other type of meat.
- Try to buy the food that contains a minimum of 50% of meat states on the label. Cause, the more meat the kibble contains, and the better it is for your Cavapoo.
- Try not to feed those vegetables, oils, etc.
- There are some brands that we suggest you feed your Cavapoo. These are
- Pet Plate Homemade Dog Food, Nature’s Food, Rachael Ray Nutrish Dish, Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Recipe, Victor Professional Dry Dog Food, Grain-Free Dog Food, Natural Dry Dog Food, Chicken & Brown Rice, Blue Buffalo, Freedom Grain Free Recipe, Beef Recipe, etc.
We went through all the points, facts, studies, and researches that are needed to be answered the question- “What is the best food for Cavapoos?” A few suggestions are given to select the food for your Cavapoo wisely.
We wish, you went through this and cleared the confusion you had before. Stay with us for more tips & tricks for making your life happy with your pet.